Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Worried

I don't like to admit it, but I'm worried about my post-March-31st life. The office seems to function well enough - the staff know what to do. Even though I think that some of them could do better. SF should look at the contracts to make sure they're signed by everyone - She's pretty good at determining that she has the right sale price and names of parties and property address/description. JC thinks he's on the ball getting binders done well in advance, and prepping our docs prior to closing. But he seems to not want to get a case scheduled if it looks like a bit more work for him that day. PS just will not let go of a case until she's ready, even to the extent of keeping clients waiting in the reception room and me tapping my foot impatiently while she adds some last minute flourish.

And KS - who has never enjoyed very good health - has been out for an entire week with bronchitis and maybe flu on top of all that. Today is my day at home - once a week I stay at home - but today I worry about the office. I don't want KS to come to work if she's sick. It's not going to help her get well and it may infect the office staff. She does have to report the payroll information for Friday's payday. But she could do that from home.

Anyway, it's been harder for me the past week including yesterday while she was out - more work dealing with title binders and/or questions, phone requests, doing settlements and all the post-settlement details. So I'm glad to have today off.

No comments:

Post a Comment