Sunday, January 31, 2010

Snow surprise

Yesterday morning I spent 2+ hours at the National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden and in Lafayette Park. In a snowstorm. Learning about trees. And then spent about 40 minutes stuck on I-66 - in the snow - waiting for an accident to be cleared away. The less said about that morning, the happier I will be.

Snow continued all day, right up to dusk. We stayed in the house most of that time. Of course, I would, having foolishly spent too much time out of the house and out in the weather. Even though I learned some things I'd wanted to learn.

No, the big surprise was this morning. My husband, without anyone [me] saying a word, got the snow shovel and cleared out the end of the driveway and the sidewalk that runs in front of our yard. This same man in past years has, after many another snowstorm, sat in a chair by the front windows and watched as his wife cleared out the aforementioned driveway and sidewalk. A very nice surprise - almost better than chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment