Thursday, October 25, 2012

Borders and St. Cuthbert's Way, Sept. 6-7, 2012

I took so many photographs on my September trip to the Scottish Borders.  Here are few more, from our first two days - in the town of Melrose.
The interior of Melrose Abbey, a relic of the English Reformation.

Many ancient grave markers bore the skull and crossed bones - I doubt they signified that the decedent was a pirate.

Sandy's cell phone gave her fits, so she tried the old-fashioned  kind.

EVERY fisherman's prayer - the Borders have apparently some great rivers for  salmon fishing, esp. the Tweed River.

"Full Scottish Breakfast" = eggs, mushrooms, black pudding, sausage, fried tomato, bacon,  potato scone.   I found that once was enough.  Later mornings I eliminated several items.

Looking down on Melrose from one of the Eildon Hills (which we hiked up as the first of several).

No comments:

Post a Comment