Thursday, November 18, 2010

Am I showing my age???

Do all old people forget things?  Important things, like what day is the flight back home and where did I put that credit card and didn't I return that client's phone call?   In the short span of one week I've done all those things.  It's worrisome.  I recall how my Dad became more and more child-like, once turning on the burner under the skillet to cook bacon for his favorite sandwich, a BLT, and then walking away to do something completely unrelated and then wondering why the kitchen seemed very smoky.   When that forgetfulness started. though, he was ten years older than I am now.  But will that be me?  and sooner rather than later?  Sometimes I forget to turn a burner off after cooking.  Ok, Lorelei says it was probably because I was really preoccupied with Obree and distracted by doing housekeeperly things like vacuuming the rug and doing laundry and loading or unloading the dishwasher.  She's being kind.   I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment